jueves, 25 de noviembre de 2010

Darkness

Tonight I can't sleep, not because I don't want to, it is more related to the fact that I don't want to turn off the light. It sounds stupid, doesn't it? Well, I feel that way too, but I can't help feeling a little bit restless. Today, I watched with a friend of mine a horror movie and its images keep popping into my mind, no matter how much I insist my over-imaginative brain to think about some happier topic, it just won't listen to me.
Before giving up and deciding to start writing this until I was too tired to stay awake and -I have to admit- in hopes that after “talking” about this the fear would decrease a bit, I had been thinking about something the bad guy from the film said: that the common fear for all the small children from all over the world was the fear of darkness. And I started wondering why would that be. When it's day-time, with the sunlight, we can see everything around us and we can tell what can happen from what can't be done. However when we lie in the dark, in the darkest room where we can't see a thing, suddenly everything becomes possible. At 2 in the afternoon, it'd never cross my mind that an undead creature would be waiting for me in the shadows of the bathroom, but at 2 in the night/morning after watching a horror film, suddenly that situation doesn't seem so unheard of to my mind. Why do I insist on watching scary films if I know that later it'll be like this?
Damn, now I need to go to the bathroom... if you don't hear from me in a week or so, don't come for me. It would eat you too.
See you. I hope.

"It ain't as bad as you think. It will look better in the morning." - Colin Powell

2 comentarios:

  1. jajajaja so lovely
    Undead creatures would that wait for you in the shadows of the bathroom. Become a fan

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Trial number 5,000,001 [crossing my fingers]
    well... I was going to write my experience reading "The Three Little Pigs" to my undead boyfriend to make him stop crying and get out of the bathroom but now, that I've told him you think he's a nice undead person, everything's alright and he's got a big undead smile on his undead face xD
    And I had a wonderful wonderful [gipsy's accent] idea: next time a girl from Cuenca, who lives in Madrid, goes to Valencia OR a girl from Valencia, who lives in Castellón, goes to Cuenca (important: they met in Vancouver), they'll watch another horror movie 'cause maybe I forgot to mention that I loooooove them!! =) [Mmm... No, I didn't.]
    And now I'm going to die a slow and painful death, I mean I have to study. But maybe, if I'm lucky, I'll meet my pillow at 3 a.m. [kill me! please!]
    Hope that your whispering fridge and you are doing great.
    Let's see if this worked and you can read this. xD [chan chan chan chan...]

    ResponderEliminar